Friday, August 29, 2008

Foxworthy Forgot One!

If you read our previous post, here's one we think Jeff Foxworthy forgot.

You know you're from the PNW if you keep a tide schedule on your fridge so you know when is the best time to go romp on the beach with your dog.

29_lg

Today was a good day as you can see from this chart courtesy of ProTIDES. Low tide was at 10:20 a.m. and it was actually a minus tide -1'5". The sandbars went on and on. The winds were pretty strong so we saw kite flyers and also paragliders. We also tried our hand at using the video feature on our camera. Apparently our hands were not steady or talented enough, so we don't have a video of Diva Dog running on the sand for this post. Stay tuned -- maybe a post in the near future will have one. So for now we have more photos of our beautiful girl playing on the sand. 

P1010420

P1010421

P1010405

P1010415 As Curmudgeon mentioned above, we had a negative low tide today, which revealed the lovely sand bars in the photos above. At higher tides, only the rocky parts of the beaches remain. If you look at the upper left corner of the picture, you can see a rock wall that separates the beach/waterfront from the train tracks. When we were here last week during high tide, the water was half way up the rock wall.

 P1010400

Besides the kite fliers and paragliders, we noticed a few fishermen, including this one. 

P1010402rev 

-- Curmudgeon & Wing Nut

8 comments:

Shibaguyz said...

What a great day for the WWW and Diva Dog!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, such great photos of Diva Dog! And I love the tide chart. If I had one, I'd frame it!

Gail said...

Fabulous weather and a good time was had y'all! WWW that y'all was a typo, it was supposed to read by all! But I decided to keep it!

Gail

Eve said...

I love the pics of your dog running around on the shore. A georgeous dog and shoreline.

I don't think me and Sole will go running today. It is a bit uneasy here. Being in the red cone of a Hurricane watch is not something I would recemmmend to anyone.

Curmudgeon said...

Hi Shibaguyz! Diva Dog actually got wet this time! You CAN teach an older dog new tricks!

Hi OFB! Isn't it pretty? I love looking at the tide schedule first thing in the morning when I go to the fridge to make breakfast.

Hi Gail! Yes, a fun time was had by all!

Hi Eve. I have family in the Caribbean and friends in New Orleans so have been following Gustav closely. BTW, just went looking on your blog for a pic of Solo. What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos WWW ~ they make me homesick for the beach. I sure wish I had a tide schedule on my frig... many things about life (when I lived on the east coast) revolved around high or low tides too so I can relate. Oh, interesting squash you're growing too ~ I'd love a taste of one. I hope you're successful at getting them to maturity. Maybe this is the variety for you?

Shady Gardener said...

Any experience I've had with oceans and tides has become a fond memory. Great photos!! ("Lucky ducks!") ;-)

Sarah said...

What a beautiful beach! Diva looks to be having a blast. That heron photo is amazing. Every time I try to capture one, it flies off before I can click. Usually my dog scares them before I even spot them.